Sunday, March 29, 2015

Episode 28: Choose Your Own Adventure Sweater Knitting!

Thanks for listening to Episode 28 of the podcast! 

We started out today with some thank you program mentions to all of those (I think) who have donated supplies to my knitting classes at the Women's Recovery Center. 

Knitting Segments

Show Ready Knits

Yarn: Bijou Basin Llasa Wilderness in a dusty purple (Color #14) 
          Frabjous Fibers Mad Hatter Mini Skein Pack in the Mice in the Tea Colorway 
Needles: Signature Convertibles US size 4 for the body and 3 for the brim
Size: I made the large size, with the slouch


Knits in Rehearsal

Finally, actually cast this on instead of just talking about casting it on! 
Yarn: Miss Babs Kilimanjaro in the Believable color way
Needles: US Size 3 and US Size 4

Yarn: One Twisted Tree Prime Sock in the HinkyPunk Colorway
Dyed by the wonderful Danie of the Prairie Girls Knit and Spin Podcast
Needles: US Size 1.5 Addi Turbo fixed circular needles

Yarn: Wisdom Yarns Saki Bamboo in the Garnet Ridge colorway
Needles: US 1.5 Addi Lace fixed circular needles
Cast on 63 stitches using Judy's Magic Cast On 

Yarn: Who knows??
Needles: US Size 2 Addi Turbo fixed circulars 

Auditioning Knits




Knittings News, Notes and Events


I visited a lovely LYS in Black Mountain, NC, called the Black Mountain Yarn Shop. I highly recommend you check it out if you are in the area! I purchased some Hedgehog Fibers Sock yarn in the Villain color way. 

I had a blast at the Carolina Fiber Frolic! 
Check out the bags made by Jan Smiley on Etsy! She does excellent work!
Here is my lovely bag!



I purchased 2 of the official Frolic Colorways by Sarah of The Copper Corgi Yarns.

I won a skein of Quaere Fibers Gradient Sock in the Raw Turquoise color way. 

I also purchased a mini-skein gradient kit by the lovely ladies of Kismet Fiber Works. What should I make??

I had the best roomies at the Frolic! Maria from Elegant Economy Knits and Faith of Faithfully Geeky Blog. Check out these ladies!

Fiberlicious Kickstarter Contest
We had 28 entries for the contest which closed on March 22. I drew a winner? Listen up to see if you won a skein of yarn and project bag from the ladies of Fiberlicious!

Rak-Along
The Rak-along is still going strong. We have only a few entries but still lots of time left to participate! 


The KAL will run through May 1. All of the rules and regulations are available in the thread on Ravelry. Make someone something, you'll make them smile and I bet you will smile too!

500 Member Giveaway
We still have the contest going through April 1st. Don't forget to enter! 

New to me Podcast: Teaching your Brain to Knit

New to me Video Podcast: Junkyarn

Knitting Talk Back
A special review of the new Amy Herzog book Knit, Wear Love. 

Non-Knitting

What a Crock

Love it or Leave it
              The wedding I attended this weekend was super fun!

Leave it: Hurt feelings. Boo! Who needs it? 

Other News and Notes

Book Update
I finished reading Three Daughters by Consuelo Saah Baehr. I gave it 4 stars on Goodreads.

Still running...as much as I can manage with some calf pain. 10k is two weeks away. 

Thanks for joining me for episode 28. 

No comments:

Post a Comment