Friday, April 10, 2015

Episode 29: Date Night

Knitting Segments! 

Show Ready Knits

Yarn: Paton's North America Classic Wool Worsted in the Dark Gray Mix
Needles: Size 5 Knit Picks Caspian Wood Straights

First FO for the RakAlong (How lazy have I been about my own KAL?) 
I cast on 12 stitches instead of 11 because I wanted my increases, etc, to all be in the center. 

Yarn: Paton's North America Classic Wool Worsted in the Dark Gray Mix
Needles: Size 6 Signature Convertibles (Magic Loop)
This is my 2nd FO for the RakAlong, and it would make a great project to learn cables and knitting in the round. 

Both of these projects will count for the KAL going on in the Down Cellar Studio Podcast group, hosted by Boston Jen! 

Knits in Rehearsal

Viajante by Martina Behm
This is now in the knit until forever stage, but I love it!

Finally, actually cast this on instead of just talking about casting it on! 
Yarn: Miss Babs Kilimanjaro in the Believable color way
Needles: US Size 3 and US Size 4 Signature Convertibles 



Vanilla Socks
No pattern on this one, just cast on 32 stitches using Judy's Magic Cast On, did the increases until I had 64, and started knitting away. Great travel project, until I get to the heel, of course. As a still relatively new sock knitter, I don't have the heels down by memory yet. What's your favorite toe-up heel?

Yarn: Wisdom Yarns Saki Bamboo in the Garnet Ridge colorway
Needles: US 1.5 Addi Lace fixed circular needles
Judy's Magic Cast On 

I mentioned the OMG Heel by Meghan Williams and the Mystik Spiral Socks by Josh Ryks. 

Catnip Socks by Wendy D. Johnson
I finished the first sock a couple of weeks ago, but haven't gotten much done other than the toe on the second one.

Yarn: One Twisted Tree Prime Sock in the HinkyPunk Colorway
Dyed by the wonderful Danie of the Prairie Girls Knit and Spin Podcast
Needles: US Size 1.5 Addi Turbo fixed circular needles

I am plugging along on this, but it's become a mostly at home project since I am alternating skeins and that's a lot of yarn to carry in your purse (though I've done it before!) I have linked to my project, which is still in the very beginning stages, but please check out the design as well.

Yarn: Malabrigo Rios in the Chispas Colorway
Needles: Size 6 Signature Convertibles

Crochet Provision Cast On

Knitting News, Notes and Events

RakAlong
You have until May 1, 2015 to post your finished objects. Make something for someone "just because." There is no yardage requirement, but you need to keep your entry to 1 post per person, so just update your original post each time you finish something. 


2015 Goals Update
I wanted to update you (and myself) on my progress on my 2015 goals, now that we've reached the end of the 1st quarter of the year. Listen up to hear how I've done on my 5 knitting goals of 2015: 
  • Education
  • Charity Knitting
  • Gift Knitting 
  • Knitting from Stash
  • Zen Knitting
Stashdown Throwdown
Don't forget to use the hashtag #stashdownthrowdown on Instagram! How are you doing with your Stashdown goals? Are you loving that amazing stash? 

Giveaway: Knit, Wear, Love by Amy Herzog
In episode 28 I reviewed this amazing book, don't forget to join the Actually Knitting Podcast Group on Ravelry and enter to win your copy! The contest runs through May 1st!

500 Member Giveaway
I announced the winner of the 500 member giveaway! Listen up to see if you are the lucky winner of a great bag! 

Knitting Talk Back: Date Night 

Date Night is a fabulous collection of 5 patterns by Maria Yarley of Elegant Economy Knits. I hope you enjoy the review and, there is a copy for a lucky listener, too!  Listen to the episode to find out how to enter! 

Non-Knitting Segments

What a Crock


Love it or Leave it

Love it: Spring Break, my trip to Savannah

Leave it: Chores! 

Stage Craft

I did a little bit of sewing this week, and made this project bag! 

I used this tutorial to make the bag, very easy to follow for a non-seamstress like myself! Thanks to the Knitmore Girls for pointing me in the direction of this tutorial. 

Other News and Notes

Book Updates
I finished reading Breakfast with Buddha by Roland Merullo. I really enjoyed it and recommend it!
I mentioned the podcast Teaching Your Brain to Knit.

I'm still doing this book challenge. 26 Books in 2015 Book Challenge

I started reading The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion. I loved the first book in this series,  The Rosie Project so I have high hopes for this one!

Running Updates
I will run my first 10k on Saturday April 11, 2015. I'm a bit nervous because I'm still having some problems but, I'm as ready as I'm going to be! Wish me luck!



2 comments:

  1. Are you coming to Stitches South in Nashville? I have some supplies I would love to donate to you for the women's shelter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete