Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Episode 79: Are we just lazy knitters?



Thanks to Brenda Castiel for sending me a copy of her new pattern, The Plum Sorbet Shawl. 

Knitting Segments

Show-Ready Knits

Knits in Rehearsal

Hermione's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder

Auditioning Knits

I started out being inspired at my favorite LYS, Black Mountain Yarn Shop. 
The main color inspiration was from Woolen Boon in the Greenleaf Hut color way.
I picked out some Madeline Tosh to compliment that skein. Tosh Merino Light in Grasshopper and Turquoise color ways.

Looking for a 3 color shawl and I'm considering: 


I'm currently obsessed with looking through my stash for yarn for: 
What the Fade?! Mystery KAL by Andrea Mowry 

Here is what I am considering for my What the Fade?!


Knitting Podcast Spotlight

This episode I tell you about the Fruity Knitting Podcast on Youtube. 

Knitting News, Notes and Events

Special thanks to the Intermission Prize Sponsor for the month of July, Zombody Knits. Listen up to see if you were the lucky listener! 

For the last month of the PalKal the Intermission Prize Sponsor is The Worsted Purl. Thanks to Tricia for sponsoring. Check out these adorable stitch marker prizes. 


Get your Finished Objects posted by September 1st (or as long as the thread is open). Check out the Ravelry group for details about all of the great sponsors for the PalKal2017.

I am excited that I have finalized my plans for SAFF , the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair in Flectcher, NC. It is happening October 27-29, 2017 and I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday. I'll be staying in Black Mountain, NC and visiting my favorite LYS, Black Mountain Yarn Shop, where there will be a Magpie Fibers pop-up shop and a Signature Needles trunk show. 

Non-Knitting Segments


One-Pot Wonders



Love it or Leave it

Love: I forgot to mention that I got my iPad back after losing it on a flight! 
Leave: I have to go back to work tomorrow! 

Other News and Notes
Running Updates
I had a rough run on Saturday and injured my hip a little bit, hoping that it will right itself after some days off, rest and ice. 

Next race is the Greek Festival 5k on August 26. Unfortunately, I have to do 22 miles that day. 

Reading Updates

I finished reading: 
 

I finished listening to:


For you, the listeners of Actually Knitting, Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 30-day trial to give you the opportunity to check out their service.You can try the book I linked above or any audiobook of your choice for free! 

To download your free audiobook today go to audibletrial.com/actuallyknitting

Lately I've been listening to:





No comments:

Post a Comment