Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Episode 61: A Controversial Subject

Sorry for the delay! Here are the long awaited Show Notes for Episode 6!

Knitting Segments


Knits in Rehearsal

Not a lot happening over here knitting wise...
Currently working on my 2nd (or 3rd) pair of Los Monos Locos Socks by Jennifer O'Sullivan


On the Spice Market by Melanie Berg for the #bigbadbergalong

May as well, everyone else is doing it! 
This has become my latest mindless knitting project. 

Auditioning Knits

This is where the title of this episode comes from! Today I wanted to discuss some Ponchos I've been auditioning including one I wanted to shop for at Rhinebeck. What do you think about Ponchos? Yay or nay? 

Here are the ones I discussed on the show: 








In the Wings

On this episode I shared some items I have purchased lately that I am really enjoying.

Stitch Markers from Such Gwenderful Stuff
I got the square ones in two sizes.

Bag from Bird Leg Bags
I got the medium wedge bag in Yarnie Brights



Knitting News, Notes and Events

PalKal 2016

Thanks again to all the sponsors, participants and listeners for a great PalKal this year! Listen to Episode 60 to find out if you won. Winners need to contact me by December 1st or I will redraw for prizes.

Big Bad Berg Along

Join mea nd some of my very favorite podcasters in knitting as many Melanie Berg patterns as we can! 
We will joined by:
Knitting Butterflies
The Knitmore Girls

We are working with some fabulous Indie Dyers for this KAL:
Sun Valley Fibers
There will be Free Shipping in the US for kits and special pricing on the kits that they are making up just for this KAL. You can get the same kit as I am getting or as one of the other podcasters. More information is coming, but look for a special link "Big Bad Berg-Along" on their website. Use the code BigBadBergAlong at checkout.


Lollipop Yarns
Joan dyed up some special Duet and Trio kits especially for Ashbury or Quicksilver patterns. She will be offering Free Shipping if you use the code BigBadBergAlong at checkout. She will be having a few more updates as she gets the yarn available, so check out her group on Ravelry and her website for specific details.

One Twisted Tree
Danie will be offering a couple of different fall themed kits for the KAL. Check out the website for more information.


Rhinebeck was October 15th and 16th and I had a wonderful time. Listen to Episode 61 for more information about my trip. 

Zombie Knitpocalypse

I will be attending this event in June of 2017.


The Reviews Are In!

I hope you enjoy hearing my review of The Knitter's Journal  by Jane Klein. 
If you would like to win a copy of this for your collection, please check out the Ravelry group and enter to win one! 

Non-Knitting Segments


Meatless Monday


Love it or Leave it

Love

Leave
Social Media/Internet Envy

Other News and Notes

Books

Currently Reading:

Currently Listening: 


Running 
After a last minute injury, I am in the home stretch of my marathon training. 


Other
I recently sang at the wedding of two of my very dear friends Zack and Jonathan. Love is love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment