Saturday, December 31, 2016

Episode 65: New Year, New Ewe


Knitting Segments

Program Mentions: 


Thanks to designer Melanie Berg for sending me her latest pattern, Caress my Soul. It's absolutely beautiful! 

Melanie also wanted me to direct you to a charity she is supporting, Knitters for Doctors without Borders, and encourage you to give if you can! 


Show Ready Knits



Knits in Rehearsal


I am knitting this as a part of the Pussy Hat Project, here is the link to the official pattern, that's knit flat. 

Knits on Stage

I wore my Viajante to school last week and got some nice compliments. I have also gotten so much use/wear out of my Worsted Boxy. 

Knitting News, Notes and Events

Several winners were announced on episode 64 for several contests. If you entered any of those giveaways or Knit a Longs, please listen to Episode 64 to see if you won. Winners need to get in touch with me by January 15, 2017.

Next planned Knitting Event: Zombie Knitpocalypse in June 2017

I'm so excited about our next knit a long, New Year, New Ewe!



Are you ready to try something new with your knitting? A new technique or type of product? Perhaps a designer you have never tried? A new type of yarn? Check out the episode for more information about this Knit A Long for 2017. Officially it will run January 1 through March 10, 2017. Check out the chatter thread in the Ravelry Group. Rules will be listed in the Ravelry group as well.

I am going to cast on the Vintage Prim by Andrea Mowry. Andrea Mowry is the designer behind the Find Your Fade Shawl.

Here is the tutorial I used to practice Brioche. 


Knitting Talk Back: Year in Review

Check out my project page in Ravelry to see the projects I reference in this segment. I have a tab for all of my 2016 projects. 

Non-Knitting Segments

Love it or Leave it

Love: Winter Vacation from school!

Leave: Being sick on vacation! 

Theatrical Updates

Though I seem to be taking a hiatus from performing, I did see a show recently that's on a National Tour, A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder. 

Other News and Notes

Running
I have some smaller races coming up this Winter, and my training season officially starts on January 7, 2017. 

Books
I finished reading The Girls, by Emma Cline 



Other Updates
I participated in the MinsGame challenge for the month of December, in which you try to declutter your home and get rid of items everyday of the month. 






No comments:

Post a Comment